23 February 2012

NO. 105 'ROUND HERE

In January, I went to the Atlanta Market with a good friend. We drove separate because of scheduling, so the 5 hour drive there solo was just what the doctor ordered. A chance to think -- ahh, so good for my soul. I have always been one that enjoys thinking over subjects, pondering questions and dreaming up ideas.  As any mother knows, those times are now filled with to-do lists and mental checklists pertaining more with family life than with my grandiose ideas. But this trip was a gift from Bobby and my mom -- they are the ones that agreed to hold down the fort at home and allow me the chance to go on my first buying trip for the business. Thank you, thank you!

Warning: the pictures below may be viewed as junk by many {including my own family}, but to me, diamonds in the rough, my friends. Good ole' diamonds in the rough. And rough it was -- I spent 10 hours in 27 degree weather searching up and down and all over this place. If the car and budget would only allow for more, but the next trip is going to include my business partner for his wallet and muscles!








And while I was gone, this little "Star Student" went on adventures with Elmer. Any day out with my mom is going to be an adventure -- you don't have to plan for those things, they naturally happen with her. She is able to laugh off a lot of things that would have many with knotted panties, but she rolls on with it. We joke that being raised by her was "survival of the fittest" and although there is a ton of truth in that, I also wouldn't doubt that she was very intentional in encouraging us to be independent adults one day. 





I think as she was taking these pictures, she told me Burns went missing for a little while. See - "survival of the fittest" is not something I make up. But, he too survived and a great reminder that the Lord cares for my children more than even I do. 


I came home at midnight from Market, to find these knuckleheads at our house {my Uncle Buck and cousin Katelyn}. It was such a treat to spend a surprise weekend with them -- they are awesome and so fun to be with. I hope Kate finds a job doing marine biology close by!!!!



{a post-workout stretch - these brothers are like no other}


And then, Little Moss came to see us! Today he turns one and so hard to believe that a year has gone by like that. He looks like such a cute little spring chick to me with his fuzzy hair. We love you Mossy! Burns is so big these days -- my little babe is pushing someone else in a swing. Despite being what I would consider is all-boy {loves balls and wrestling with Bobby}, he is a love bug through and through. He is gentle with other kids and entertains himself with any little thing he finds along the way. 




Hadley, you love to pick out what you wear. I struggle with that sometimes because I really like to pick out your clothes too and create my style for you. But, as with many things, I let go of a silly want of mine in trade for the fun it is to see what your little head pulls together {or what you decide to leave off}. We have decided that doing dishes are a lot more fun around here if you are in the nude -- that is a joke, I promise. Now Bobby is going to get some crazy idea that this should be a new Heuber rule...






This face -- I am not sure what she said, but I know what she is thinking... "an artist needs time to create, please stop insisting I turn around to take another picture..." And something I would forget if I didn't write now, she is wearing a bandaid on her thumb in this picture for me. I have worn one for the past month or so and she has insisted on doing the same. I love that God created her with this trait. I pray that her heart continues to grow in compassion for others and has a willingness to go beside them and carry some of the load even when it isn't pretty. I love you Hads, now paint on...



3 comments:

  1. It's so fun to see what ya'll have been up to.
    Now you can understand why I need a friend to go out in 29 degree weather looking for the good stuff...and Greg refuses to be that friend!
    Love all ya'll, and we need to start planning our summer trip down South!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hadley is gonna kill you for that nude shot one day!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would agree, but if I had a bottom like that I would post it here too! :)

    ReplyDelete