09 January 2012

NO. 103 NYC

I talked to one of my great friends this weekend -- she said we had not talked in almost a year. I thought for certain it had only been eight weeks or so...does that happen to other people or is this something I need real help with. Time flies, absolutely flies right by. To all my dear friends, I think of you far more than my phone calls reveal. 

Speaking of flying, Bobby and I went to NYC in November to celebrate our five years of being married. Nothing like a weekend away in the big ole' city with my man. We wandered and wandered and wandered those streets without any set agenda. I take that back -- Bobby's agenda was to eat all day long and my agenda was to find bakeries that I have cookbooks from. 

While we were there, the Christmas tree went up at Rockefeller, window displays had more glitz and sparkle, the leaves in Central Park were gorgeous and not a raindrop fell from the sky - it was perfect. 


















And a huge THANK YOU to the Heubers for keeping the kids. They are great kids, but they can WEAR YOU OUT. It doesn't mean that I love them less, it just means I love them from a tired vantage point quite often. When we got home, Rob picked us up from the airport - we loaded up our bags and got in the car -- and then before driving away, he let a big sigh -- I wondered secretly from the back seat, "was that sadness that we were home so soon or sweet relief that we are home just in time." 


But seriously, thank you both for always supporting our marriage and encouraging us to make our relationship a priority. I am so glad I was hand-picked to join your family and appreciate all that you do to make me feel so loved. 

1 comment: