20 October 2011

NO. 101 GIVE 'EM A PAINT BRUSH...

And these kids would paint the world every color in the book...they both have been drawn to art from the get-go. I would imagine most kids are at this age and it goes without saying that I am always up for a craft project, so the apple should fall right where we expected, in an art room. One of these days I might happen into the children's museum without children and let myself feel what this little girl feels...pure satisfaction!









Since this blog is for monkey and worm, it is important to me that I log things that are going on in our life as a means to better remember and become more aware -- I forget small details from time to time and afraid that in the process, I am overlooking God at work in our lives. 

So monkey and worm, right now you too are the best of friends. I find you laughing with each other all the time. Hadley nurtures Burns {you have your own way of saying his name} in ways that I often hear from my mouth --- things like "It's okay sweet boy, you can do it" or "Come on, Tubs, it's time to rock and roll" or "Good Morning little buddy, did you have a good sleep?" Hadley, you read all the time. You have flashlights that you take to bed so you can read a little longer. We walk to bed every night to find a new collection of things from your room (stuffed animals, shoes, pillows, toys) in a pile in the hallway. Your daddy and I laugh outloud and then sneak a peak of both of you all cuddled up. It puts a smile on our face every single night to see you sleep. 

And Burns, you not only tolerate Hadley's {and the rest of our} loving, you get tickled by it. You have an infectious giggle that makes any stress melt away. You love to practice your golf swing, throw the ball, dance, hide everything of significance in a secret spot in the house. You are a little one of few words right now, but your ability to communicate what you want is not lacking. You point, grunt and climb your way into most things you need. You play well by yourself, but come check in with me to give kisses and hugs -- a trait that I hope continues for years to come. You get injured more than your sister ever did, but you are as tough as they come -- no time to cry when you could throw a ball instead.

I am finding that I am more creative now than I have been in the past three years -- ideas are coming to me and my heart beats fast as I think about new projects to dive into. I pray that God will direct me where to use this gift as the One with the ultimate creativity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment